The 24 lectures will give essential knowledge for newcomers and experienced investors.
Chantilly, Va. : Teaching Co., c2012.
4 videodiscs (12 hr.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 course guidebook (vi, 211 p. : ill. ; 19 cm.)
Lecturer: Connel Fullenkamp, Ph.D., Duke University.
Twenty-four lectures of 30 mintes each.
Disc 1. Lectures: 1. How to stop worrying and start investing
2. How investors make money
3. Starting with stocks
4. The basics of bonds
5. Introduction to mutual funds
6. What are exchange-traded funds? Disc 2. Lectures: 7. Financial statement analysis
8. P/E ratios and the method of comparables
9. Fundamentals-based analysis of stocks
10. Start-up companies and IPOs
11. Why should you care about dividends?
12. Using leverage. Disc 3. Lectures: 13. Choosing bonds
14. Bond school
15. Picking mutual funds
16. Investing in foreign assets
17. Options are for everyone
18. Real estate and commodities. Disc 4. Lectures: 19. Cycles and market timing
20. Deciding when to sell
21. Risk, return, and diversification
22. Time value of money
23. Financial planning
24. Taking charge of your investments.
Publisher or Distributor Number:
Series:Great courses (DVD). Business & economics.
The Great courses. Business & economics
Other Authors:Fullenkamp, Connel.