Explores the many aspects of circadian rhythms, from jet lag to biorhythms to "forbidden phases" of sleep when one cannot awaken spontaneously.
New York : Scientific American Library : 
New York : Distributed by W.H. Freeman, 
xi, 199 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliography (pages 185-191) and index.
1. Time zones
2. The ebb and flow of consciousness
3. Jumping between time zones
4. Convergence of time zones
5. Crystals of living time
6. Collective rhythmicity in a community of clocks
7. The singularities of biochemical clocks
8. Circadian dynamics and its evolution
9. The shape of the future.