176 pages : illustrations ; 20 cm
Originally published: London: Carlton Books, 2013.
1. What is the Universe Made Of?
2. How did Life Begin?
3. Are We Alone in the Universe?
4. What Makes Us Human?
5. What is Consciousness?
6. Why Do We Dream?
7. Why is There Stuff?
8. Are There Other Universes?
9. Where Do We put all The Carbon?
10. How Do We Get More Energy From The Sun?
11. What's So Weird About Prime Numbers?
12. Can Computers Keep Getting Faster?
13. When Can I Have a Robot Butler?
14. How Will We Beat Bacteria?
15. Will We Ever Cure Cancer?
16. What's at The Bottom of The Ocean?
17. What's at The Bottom of a Black Hole?
18. Can We Live Forever?
19. How Do We Solve The Population Problem?
20. Is Time Travel Possible?